Looking Forward

For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come. Heb 13:14 NLT

Monday, March 9, 2009

First day of getting to my goal

I have invited the women of my church to join me in obtaining my desired weight which will be around 60lb loss. I have given myself until October 30 which is my 41st Birthday. As much as I would LOVE to blame genetics on my weight as EVERYONE on my moms side is over weight I can't. I have done this to myself so now I need to take it back off. In the past I have tried and done quite well just to turn around and regain it back. Whats different this time? ME. I'm different. My mindset is different. My reasons are different, and God wants me too. He wants me to take care of this temple, and I plan on obeying.

I hope that the women from church hold me accountable and encourage me as I will do the same for them. I know that we can do this. One day at a time. We just need to leave yesterday so we can see tomorrow and live today.

I pray you all had a great weekend. Sabbath was great......makes you think about all the extra bibles we have around the house that could be in the hands of someone who doesn't have one. I'm saddened to say I have NOT done my part to go into the world and share the word. I know this will be a shock but I am really shy. :-) I know God tells us not to worry about what to say that the Holy Spirit will guide us. I guess its called TRUST then. I trust God, I don't trust myself. I'll work on that confidence issue.

So today I am almost excited. I'm ancy to start and have told a lovely sister in Christ I would call her and we would do this together while talking on the phone so it will be less exercise and more fun. There is just something about that word EXERCISE that puts a huge damper on my goal. :-) That's why I need to be held accountable. Sure I could join a fat people forum but I rather have people I know to help me get through the rough times which I anticipate some, not a ton.

I love you guys! I want you to know this. I also thank you in advance for helping me do this.

Love ya

Deb

1 comment:

  1. "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."

    Philippians 2:13 (KJV)

    God, I need you to help me in this journey. I also need your help as I need to do the treadmill AGAIN today to hit 500 calories. :-(

    ReplyDelete