Looking Forward

For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come. Heb 13:14 NLT

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wow I've been MIA

Sorry guys life took on a life of its own there. I will try to keep posting often as God wills it. There may be a day soon that blogs and the whole INTERNET will take a back seat along with a few other extras that we have come accustom to. Makes you really look at want and need in a whole new light. It should be that the light were needing is God and not the worldly things. Those are the extras for the people who can discipline themselves, I am knowingly not one of them. I can always use more time with God and the treadmill.

Anyways as of now I do have the net I will update you on whats happened while I was away. I have lost 11 pounds. Sounds good right? I will not take credit for the full 11 as I was pmsing the first day so that was a given that a few of those would naturally go away. Still I go on and try to achieve my goal.

My German Sheppard is one very sick dog. He has cancer and now has come to the point that he has used up any reserve that he may have had on his body to survive and became a dog that is skin over bones. I have tried everything I can to ease his pain and try to get him to eat. He will sometimes take a bite here and there but will not eat anything in full until gone. I am at a point that I know a choice has to be given but I am not willing to ask nor answer that question. I did that on my last dog and although she was dieing, afterwards I thought I acted to quickly and justified it with I wasn't happy with how fast she was dieing naturally so I helped her along. Death is never easy but you would think it would be different between a human and your faithful servant. Jack (the dog) is just that, a faithful servant. He still in his very frail condition is serving us. He may have no meat on him but his temperament is still great, hes active and alert. With all that going for him do I have the right again to say to myself hes not dieing fast enough so lets put him down? Call me silly but for me there is a fine line between human and animals of the house that one has raised and nurtured and counted on to protect at all cost my daughter to which he has never let me down, even now. I pray that God would just take him. He has fulfilled his job here and I could not have asked for a better dog to take on that job. Every dog I have had before him has never shown me that when it came down to it we were protected. They were more like hey can we go bye bye in the car and would never think twice about our safety. Now that the time is near that we will be unprotected once again I wonder if my outlook on life outside my 4 walls will be different and that I will unknowingly make Alexis pay the price as I turn into an over protected mother now that she will not have that first impression protection because Jack was always at her side when she went outside. He wasn't the only answer but he sure did make one think first as they approached the property whether it was walking by, riding their bike and even when driving by. I will miss that comfort I have with him and her. Will she too miss it? Maybe, maybe not with the intending move we will have to make. We may not have the choice to have animals let alone the instant body guard I would love to replace Jack with. I place all my fears and concerns at Gods feet and let Him not only find our next place to live BUT let Him also protect us as He does it so well. ;-)

The other fillers are the same as yours but mine are done my way and sometimes on different days is all.

Love you guys a ton.

Keep the faith going,

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment