Looking Forward

For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come. Heb 13:14 NLT

Friday, May 8, 2009

Mothers day weekend :-)

For the longest time I never thought I would be blessed with a baby and after years of dealing with that to my shock I was pregnant. My Mom who has since passed was living in NC next to her brother and his wife. She went down I think to spare me seeing her during her last days....at times years before she lead me to believe they were her last days and that made me a bit cold as if she had any control when she would die outside of taking her own life. This time I think she knew. I mean she had gone into remission a few times over the coarse of 15 YEARS. She had been living with me prior to moving and as all things it took a toll on us as mother and daughter. Its hard having two women under one roof. She did her best and looking back on it now I wouldn't have it any other way. I miss my mom.

My mother bless her heart, sent me my first Mothers day card when I was pregnant. AWE...how sweet was that? I still have it somewhere among all the other stuff I think I need to keep. Most people keep money or important paper and jewelry in safes...I keep pictures, cards and home made stuff of Alexis. :-)

This Mothers day like the 9 before I ask for nothing and don't expect anything. My gift was being blessed with Alexis. Although that's enough for me she doesn't think so and went on a hunt in the yard for my gift. I LOVE the thoughtful gifts. :-) She found an 8 inch Maple tree and dug it up and put it into a bowl and gave it to me already. That is my gift and if she only knew how great that gift really is to me.

I pray each of you have a very blessed weekend.

I love you all!

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment